Patient Services Representative
- Practice Team Member
- University Dental Associates
- 9815 Suzanne Ct, Waxhaw, NC
A front desk team member who answers phones, schedules patients, collects co-payments, greets patients and performs record filing.
- Answer incoming calls using proper telephone etiquette.
- Check patients in and out.
- Schedule/confirm patient appointments.
- Perform all necessary paperwork (i.e. patient charts, referrals, appointment cards, welcome packets and treatment plan forms).
- Collect all co-payments and past due balances on date of service.
- Present financial policies and arrangements accurately to patients.
- Facilitate effective patient flow using the proper callback system.
- Identify, reference and apply insurance coverage and billing.
- Perform basic computer functions.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Six months of similar job experience.
- Demonstrate ability to assume Patient Services Representative’s essential responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective scheduling.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Demonstrate and promote superior customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Exercise basic knowledge of dental terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
University Dental Associates is a proud affiliate of American Dental Partners Inc (AMDPI). This affiliation allows us to provide our employees the resources, training, and professional development opportunities that help them succeed.
On a daily basis, American Dental Partners provides leading-edge business services and high-level business guidance for diverse group practices spanning across the U.S. We enable these forward-thinking groups to shed the burden of managing and growing the business while maintaining a unique and local brand identity in the communities they serve.