Patient Services Representative
- Practice Team Member
- University Dental Associates
- 801 Jones Franklin Rd., Suite 150, Raleigh, NC
Since our beginning, University Dental Associates has been fully immersed in the rapidly evolving transformation of health care, positioning us for continued success through growth and innovation. Our dental professionals all share the same common goal of producing positive patient outcomes. We’re proud to empower our team members through professional development and continued learning, while encouraging collaboration and teamwork to deliver the very best care possible.
A front desk team member who answers phones, schedules patients, collects co-payments, greets patients and performs record filing.
- Answer incoming calls using proper telephone etiquette.
- Check patients in and out.
- Schedule/confirm patient appointments.
- Perform all necessary paperwork (i.e. patient charts, referrals, appointment cards, welcome packets and treatment plan forms).
- Collect all co-payments and past due balances on date of service.
- Present financial policies and arrangements accurately to patients.
- Facilitate effective patient flow using the proper callback system.
- Identify, reference and apply insurance coverage and billing.
- Perform basic computer functions.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Six months of similar job experience.
- Demonstrate ability to assume Patient Services Representative’s essential responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective scheduling.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Demonstrate and promote superior customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Exercise basic knowledge of dental terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.