Patient Scheduling Manager
- Practice Team Member
- Premier Dental Partners
- 605 Old Ballas Road, Suite 118, St. Louis, MO
A highly skilled individual with relative PSR experience that is often assigned to a doctor / hygiene team and is responsible for scheduling, co-payments, treatment plan presentation, financial arrangements, working schedules to meet production goals and reports on production goals.
- Answer incoming calls using proper telephone etiquette
- Greet and check in patients in professional and friendly manner
- Respond to telephone inquiries from potential patients.
- Able to oversee patient appointments and scheduling of all staff doctors
- Schedule, reschedule and confirm new patient appointments.
- Promote care and appointment opportunities to patients seeking care
- Maintain flexibility regarding scheduling changes, communicating changes to patients, and staff.
- Flexibility to support change, with varying schedules as necessary
- Work to maintain full schedules and maintain office schedule flow
- Collect co-payments and verify insurance coverage as appropriate
- Prepare new patient charts accurately
- Perform all necessary paperwork (i.e. patient charts, referrals, appointment cards, welcome packets and treatment plan forms).
- Collect past due balances on date of service.
- Present financial policies and arrangements accurately to patients.
- Facilitate effective patient flow using the proper callback system.
- Self-motivated with the ability to exceed patient expectations
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively handle multiple task,
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of dental treatments/contracts/financial terms
- Credit counseling and able to establish collection protocol
- Able to over see dental office expenditures/budgeting and profit margins
- As necessary collect and post payments and record receipts
- Act in a professional manner.
Required Skills & Experience
- Candidates will have a minimum of two years experience in a healthcare office or fast-paced, highly interactive customer service environment- experience in the dental or medical industry with scheduling and verifying insurance preferred
- Demonstrate ability to assume Patient Services Representative’s essential responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong computer skills and telephone skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective scheduling.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Demonstrate and promote superior customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Exercise basic knowledge of dental terminology.
- Prior dental experience and also dental insurance experience preferred