- Practice Team Member
- Fusion Dental
- 2992 Waldorf Market Place, Waldorf, MD
Every patient is different — at Fusion Dental, we get that. That is why our full-service practices provide comprehensive quality care for the entire family. It’s easy to find a convenient Greater Washington DC, Maryland or Virginia office location in your neighborhood, offering the services you are looking for and flexible hours to meet your scheduling needs. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer a discount program for the uninsured. Fusion Dental offers all the services and specialties you need to maintain a healthy smile including preventative care, hygiene/cleanings, general dentistry, orthodontics/braces and Invisalign, oral surgery, endodontics/root canals, cosmetic dentistry/veneers, implants, crowns, bridges, partial dentures, complete dentures, teeth whitening/bleaching, and pediatric/children's dentistry.
As a Dental Assistant with our practice, you will be responsible for assisting our providers in delivering quality care to patients.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a team environment, have a “can do” personality, and be able to complete their assigned work in a timely fashion. In addition, a Dental Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology, instruments, maintenance, and proper tray setups.
- Perform all chairside procedures efficiently.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Uphold a positive rapport with staff members and patients at all times.
- Demonstrate safe and cost effective practices when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support shared vision and values.