- Dental Assistant
- Western New York Dental Group
- 3326 Southwestern Blvd., Orchard Park, NY
Western New York Dental Group has been committed to providing quality dental care and excellent service to our patients in the Buffalo and Rochester, NY area since 1972. With convenient private neighborhood dental offices, your own personal dentist, a team of caring professionals, and our "always here for you" attitude, Western New York Dental Group offers the utmost convenience and patient satisfaction. Our dentists provide a wide variety of services to our patients including all phases of general, family and state of the art cosmetic dentistry. When the need arises for the services of a dental specialist, we are able to provide treatments with the help of our in-house team of specialists in pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, endodontics and periodontics.
As a Dental Assistant with our practice, you will be responsible for assisting our providers in delivering quality care to patients.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a team environment, have a “can do” personality, and be able to complete their assigned work in a timely fashion. In addition, a Dental Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology, instruments, maintenance, and proper tray setups.
- Perform all chairside procedures efficiently.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Uphold a positive rapport with staff members and patients at all times.
- Demonstrate safe and cost effective practices when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support shared vision and values.