- Dental Assistant
- Premier Dental Partners
- 750 Gravois Bluffs Blvd., Suite C , Fenton, MO
A Dental Assistant supports and assists providers with patient care. It is essential to be able to lead, be flexible, friendly, have a “can do” personality and work in a timely fashion. In addition, a Dental Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
MINIMUM HIRING REQUIREMENTS
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology.
- Perform all chair side procedures efficiently.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental instruments and proper tray setups.
- Properly take, develop and mount all radiographs.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Responsible for stocking treatment areas/carts and dental related facility inventory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental treatment equipment maintenance procedures.
- Patient/staff rapport -- make positive contribution to office/organization.
- Ability to identify and explain chart sticker numbers as they relate to financial arrangements and specialty referral.
- Perform basic computer function.
- Demonstrate cost effective techniques when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Excellent patient/staff rapport.
- Team player.
- Some travel may be required, based on practice.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands of this job require constant visual and auditory requirements and sitting, frequent keying and mouse input, occasional standing, walking, simple grasping, bending, squatting, kneeling, writing, pushing, pulling, reaching above and below the shoulder level. Position requires occasional lifting demands of up to 25 pounds and occasional carrying demands of up to 10 pounds up to 50 feet.