Day Surgery Coordinator
Location: 1320 Pabst Farms Circle, Ste. 190, Oconomowoc, WI
With 30 locations across Wisconsin, ForwardDental is able to provide comprehensive general dental care for all ages including family dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, pediatric dentistry, implant dentistry, and IV and oral sedation. ForwardDental is nationally recognized for quality care, maintains the highest standards of service and has received accreditation through the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Each practice is community-based and enjoys a special relationship with the residents and businesses of the areas they serve.
A front desk team member who acts as the liaison between Specialist (Pediatric or Surgical); hospital, ambulatory surgical center or anesthesiology group and patient to coordinate dental care in a hospital, out- patient or in office setting under any level of sedation up to and including general anesthesia. The Day Surgery Coordinator must be able to respond to written and oral correspondence in a timely and accurate manner to ensure safe delivery of care to the patient. The Day Surgery Coordinator must understand the financial plans and insurance billing to accurately quote and collect patient responsibility prior to the surgery. The Day Surgery Coordinator may also be tasked with general front desk duties to include answering phones, scheduling patients, collecting co-payments, greeting patients and EDR documentation.
- Schedules hospital, ambulatory surgi-center and office-based procedures with appropriate provider(s) and time/location utilizing the correct CDT code(s)
- Coordinates diagnostic and imaging tests required by anesthesiologist and dental specialist (including but not limited to H&P, Covid-19, etc).
- Interacts with appropriate staff at adjunct groups to ensure a cohesive working relationship in providing patient care services.
- Documents notes/special instructions in EDR.
- Completes accurate documentation of informed consents, financial arrangements and pre-surgical procedures/instructions and confirms with treating specialist 48 hours prior to surgical case.
- Confirms patient insurance and obtains authorizations as needed collecting any patient responsibility prior to the patient being seen.
- Reviews discharge instructions with guardian or companion in HIPAA compliant manner.
- Other front desk duties to include:
- Answer incoming calls using proper telephone etiquette.
- Check patients in and out.
- Schedule/confirm patient appointments.
- Perform all necessary paperwork (i.e. patient charts, referrals, appointment cards, welcome packets and treatment plan forms).
- Collect all co-payments and past due balances on date of service.
- Present financial policies and arrangements accurately to patients.
- Facilitate effective patient flow using the proper callback system.
- Identify, reference and apply insurance coverage and billing.
- Perform basic computer functions.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
The General Dentist that joins our team will be responsible for performing dental examinations and treatment in a collaborative, patient centric practice environment. Continuing education …
With 33 locations across Wisconsin, ForwardDental is able to provide comprehensive general dental care for all ages including family dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, pediatric dentistry, implant …
ForwardDental is proud to be one of a select group nationwide accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). The General Dentist that …