Billing and Coding Specialist
Affiliate: Arizona Tooth Doctor for Kids
Location: 7006 S. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ
The Patient Account Specialist is responsible for all post treatment financial follow-up including insurance and patient payment follow up as well as bad debt and other administrative duties assigned by Practice Manager.
- Responsible for all post treatment financial follow-up including insurance and patient payment follow up as well as bad debt and other administrative duties assigned by Practice Manager.
- Works under the direction of Practice Manager or Operations Manager to complete assigned tasks with regard to patient account follow up.
- Ensure claims are processed within 30 days.
- Collects cash to stay within company metric for days sales outstanding.
- Collects past due patient balances within 120 days or refers to collections
- Complies with company confidentiality to maintain patient privacy following HIPAA and AAAHC guidelines.
- Follows up with insurance carriers on past due claims; including phone calls; submission of documentation such as duplicate radiographs; narratives and perio charting.
- Follows up with patients on outstanding balances in tactful, but diplomatic manner via phone calls and letters.
- Manages collection letter series including final patient phone call and recommendation to run account to collection agency.
- Updates status in practice management software.
- Turns accounts with balances less than $100 to collection agency and enters proper documentation in practice management software including updating account notes and inactivating patients and account.
- Works weekly reports for aged balances; outstanding insurance claims and files secondary and tertiary claims.
- Performs other similar tasks as necessary to ensure that the practice meets its metrics in support of its strategic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- High school diploma.
- Minimum one year previous account receivables experience.
- Knowledge of dental insurance.
- Knowledge of collection processes.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set high expectations and achieve results in a collaborative manner in a fast-paced work environment.
Cranberry Township, PA
JOB SUMMARY A Dental Assistant supports and assists providers with patient care. It is essential to be able to lead, be flexible, friendly, have a …
San Marcos, TX
Job Details As a Dental Assistant with our practice, you will be responsible for assisting our providers in delivering quality care to patients. The ideal …
About ForwardDental At ForwardDental our doctors and staff strive for superior satisfaction by delivering a blend of Quality, Convenience, and Caring. We utilize the latest …
-Dental Hygienist, New York, NY